When should you consider a housing loan?
- When you plan to buy a new house
- When you consider refinancing a housing loan to get better terms and save money
- When you are planning to renovate your house
- When you consider starting a new job
What is The Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund's housing loan?
The Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund's housing loan is a membership benefit which provides one of the market's lowest interest rates. The current maximum loan is NOK 2.300.000 per member. The loan can be used to buy a house or for refinancing, renovation and estate settlement.
Who does it apply to?
- All members can apply for the loan, whether they are employed or are pensioners.
- You lose the right to the favourable loan terms if you move to a job that does not provide membership in the Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund.
How to apply for a housing loan
- You can loan up to 80 percent of the house's market value, and the Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund does not require first mortgage security.
- You can only loan for home purchase, not for holiday homes or interim financing.
- You apply by simply sending in an electronic loan application.
Find out more about the housing loan
Take a careful look at how much you can save by using the loan possibilities offered by the Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund.
- Calculator and online application (in Norwegian): At our website you can easily make a loan application. You can also check how much you can save by moving your loan to the Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund.
- Employer: Contact your immediate superior or the pensions officer at your place of employment. They can advise you if you need help.